Categories:

“Can Someone Take This Photo?”

Experiences from the 24-25 Senior Sunrise
"Can Someone Take This Photo?"

During the early hours of Aug. 28, the Enochs Class of 2025 gathered around the basketball courts to celebrate their first senior event, the Senior Sunrise. 

The Senior Sunrise has been a recurring tradition at Enochs High School for numerous years and is a revered event for every graduating class. 

“It helps us realize that we’re actually seniors now,” as Carmen Lomas ‘25 emphasized. 

Before the sunrise, students were given the task of tie-dying their shirts that had been purchased from the SBO weeks before. The honorary color scheme involved warm shades of red, pink, orange and yellow, similar to the colors of the sky that morning. 

Characteristic of the class, many students procrastinated on their shirt projects and had to speed-dry their shirts. 

Eric Myles ‘25 expressed his frustration the morning before the 28th.

“I’m literally cooked, I don’t think my shirt’s going to dry in time,” Myles says. Whether it did or not is still not known, as Myles never showed up to 1st period the day of. 

The sunrise consisted of photo booths, breakfast, coffee and drinks, making for an immersive and comforting environment for the seniors. 

“I drank coffee and now my hands are shaking,” said Natalia Villafan ‘25, though not complaining (her senses now going to be heightened for the first three periods of class).

A large number of students took their celebrations elsewhere and visited restaurants and cafes to grab a bite either before, during, or after the sunrise. 

Rhea Kumar ‘25 and her friends, “grabbed Starbucks, and we were taking pictures up until the bell for first period!” Those pictures are worth it, though, because they capture memories that will last a lifetime.

A photo rocked the Class of 2025, though, was one taken by Benita Rocha ‘25 of seniors

Triston Cervantes, Mateo Perez Hoover, Thomas Spengler, and Ethan Ho. The students hold their hands up in front of the sunrise, spelling out “L O V E” with their fingers. 

The contrasting shadows and dramatic sunrise garnered overwhelming support for anyone who saw it on Instagram. 

Though this photo was taken with a standard iPhone camera, many people used digital cameras to document their unique, sunrise experiences. 

To a soundtrack composed of Pitbull, Kesha, Ne-Yo and more, the Class of 2025 did not limit themselves to the balloon photo booth,taking creative liberties like spelling words or climbing fences when taking their perfect, Pinterest-worthy Senior Sunrise Instagram.

“Lowkey, when we had to take that group photo, it felt like a JC Penney’s family photo,” said Elora Tornberg ‘25. 

From getting together and tie-dying our shirts, having group breakfasts, and waking up in the wee hours of the morning, the class of 2025 is making memories and wondering… 

“Can someone take this photo?” – Triston Cervantes ‘25.