Welcome to The Eagle Eye!

Brooke Brogan , Co-Editor-in-Chief

Dear Reader,

I am beyond excited to welcome you to the reborn publication of Enochs High School’s The Eagle Eye. As your Co-Editor-in-Chief, I hope that our website will become a trusted news source for students and the wider community for years to come. 

Despite the unusual circumstances of this school year, my fellow journalism students and I have not been deterred from our goal of publication. We have conducted interviews, taken photos, studied current events, and developed our stories for publication. Under the guidance of Mr. Campbell, we have learned how to be ethical journalists and remove our biases from our news stories. We know that it is crucial to examine all perspectives of an issue before writing an article because misinformation continues to plague our society, making it difficult to discern what to trust. Thus, The Eagle Eye is committed to providing reliable and accurate news for our readers. 

On our website, we will feature articles written by first and second-period journalism students. The stories will cover a wide range of topics, from sports and pop culture to the issues that deeply impact high school students today. It is our goal to represent the concerns of Enochs students and create a space for open discussion on these matters. 

Walter Cronkite, one of the most respected journalists in American history, once said that “Journalism is what we need to make democracy work.” Given the current divided state of our nation, this statement could not be more true. Quality journalism explores the issues that affect our communities, no matter how controversial they may seem. It provides a voice to those who were previously unheard and unites readers in experience. We hope that The Eagle Eye, too, can become a place where students feel heard. High school students are often misrepresented in the media, but our stories will strive to portray the authentic experiences of students at Enochs.

Journalism is what we need to make democracy work.”

— Walter Cronkite

In order to do this, we need to hear from you. Story pitches and opinion pieces are greatly encouraged and can be submitted to either of the emails attached below. Whether you want to bring attention to an issue impacting our community, have thoughts on hybrid learning, or even have an opinion on the cafeteria food, we would love to hear from you. It is only through the voices of students that we can grow The Eagle Eye into a pivotal aspect of our campus. 

I am honored to be one of the founding members of this publication, and I hope readers will enjoy our stories as much as we do. Thank you for your support as we continue to lay the foundation for the future of The Eagle Eye.

Sincerely,

Brooke Brogan

Brooke Brogan  [email protected]

Preston Brubaker  [email protected]

Story Pitches, Opinions, and Feedback  [email protected]