“Once Upon a Homecoming” – Enochs students showcased for 2022 HoCo

Homecoming roytalty the centerpiece of the weeklong celebration of all things Enochs

Adrian Ramos, General Editor

Homecoming is a celebration of school spirit for the students at a football game and throughout the week. A large part of Homecoming are the Homecoming royalty nominees. These nominees are chosen to represent the rest of the peers in their class. These students reflect an image of what a leader of school should be like. They represent characteristics of responsibility, kindness, motivation, dedication, and other ideals of a good student and person.

The students are nominated by their peers because they are highly viewed by the other students and staff members of the school. Those who are nominated as Homecoming royalty are meant to be good people with good ideals. They work to help others and are upstanding members within the community.

The candidates for our Homecoming royalty have already been released. The nominees for Senior King are Adam Ammar, Elijah Armour, Michael Catanesi, Garrett Clements, Mark Ismail, and Iain McCarthy. The Senior Queen nominees this year are Haley Fox, Alyssa Galdamez, Brooke Hayden, Gabby Hurst, Abby McKinney, Ameena Pierstorff, Natalie Pizarro, and Sophie Zehner. The top three nominees for the Senior King are Adam Ammar, Michael Catanesi, and Mark Ismail. The top three nominees for the Senior Queen are Alyssa Galdamez, Gabby Hurst, and Ameena Pierstorff.

The junior nominees for Homecoming royalty have been released as well. The nominees for Junior Prince are Tommy Harmon, Rowan Maniquis, Aiden Muhammad, and Jake Peeler. The nominees for the Junior Princess are Marie Cadiz, Janessa Davis, Ciera Ferreira, Lily Loomis, Ava Magana, Lexie Poulus, and Emma Zulawski. The top three nominees for the Junior Prince are Tommy Harmon, Aiden Muhammad, and Jake Peeler. The top three nominees for the Junior Princess are Marie Cadiz, Ava Magana, and Lexie Poulus.

The nominees for Sophomore Prince this year are Matt Bercham, Owen Hagelsieb, Landon Johnson, and Julian Lopez. The sophomore princess nominees this year are Denise Bolivar, Bianca Burkett, Kate Cole, Ariana Hayes, Natalie Mariano, Abigail Ramilo, Isabell Ramos, and Taylor Williams. The top three nominees for the sophomore prince are Matt Bercham, Landon Johnson, and Julian Lopez. The top three nominees for the sophomore princess are Bianca Burkett, Ariana Hays, and Abigail Ramilo.

The nominees for Freshman Prince this year are Julian Grist, Gabriel Penwell, Wayne Reyes, and Jackson Silva. The nominees for Freshman Princess are Kamora Armstrong, Reese Johnson, Lileahna Leiva, Caitlyn May Ley, and Callie Williams. The top three nominees for the Freshman Prince are Gabriel Penwell, Wayne Reyes, and Jackson Silva. The top three nominees for Freshman Princess are Karina Gomez, Reese Johnson, Lileahna Leiva.

This is a very big moment for the students as this is something that they’ll only be able to experience during their years in high school. It provides a special moment for the nominees and their families to be recognized so highly by the others around them. It is a very exciting time to be celebrating with other students during Homecoming.

The winners for the freshman, sophomore, and junior prince and princesses will be announced during lunch on October 5th. The ceremony of awarding the winners of the voting for homecoming royalty will be held at our football game on Friday, October 7th. All of the senior candidates will be honored at the halftime of the varsity game. This will also be when the Homecoming King and Queen will both be crowned.