Homecoming Hallways

Homecoming Hallways

With winter homecoming in full swing, Enochs leadership worked together with their classes to decorate the halls of our school. To say the least, they did not miss. The students involved worked through their mornings and weekends to bring an exciting touch to an otherwise wearisome hallway.

The very first step into the C and N building hallways is an astounding sight that lingers with you throughout the day. A student of Enochs High School also expressed their amusement after seeing the hallways, “I walked in the hallway and I was like, oh my god, that was really good…Honestly, excellent work”.

Principal of Enochs High School, Justin Woodbridge, explained his thoughts on the halls and the process of picking a winner. He commented, “My first initial thought was, wow, what a bunch of work, and [I’m] super proud at some of the creativity and detail that goes into it…really impressed by the work that they did…I’ve been here for, gosh, hours and hours and hours and hours and it looks great, so I’m proud of them”.

Mr. Woodbridge then goes on to describe the task of selecting the best class hall. He mentions, “We will have to pick a winner at some point, so our team is walking the hallways right now and we’re going to try to think about…who had the best creativity execution. Neatness. What’s the theme? How does it develop? So we will actually announce a winner, but they’re all winners”.

After speaking with Mary Ogunibe, a senior who participated in setting up the hallway, recalled her experiences, stating, “It was fun and stressful at the same time. Especially on the last day, we’re trying to…make sure everything was up, make sure we help out like where we could to make sure it was ready for today. We were here from 3:30 to 7:00 on Friday and then 9:00 to 4:00 on Saturday and Sunday”. She goes on to explain that planning for these dates back to before winter break.

The time, dedication, and thought that the leadership kids poured into their section of the hallway is hard to miss. Students, teachers, and staff all have, what I would say, the best homecoming decorations yet to look forward to seeing throughout their day.